Approval has been given for a café to be created in this space in conjunction with BYU Dining Services. Until that can happen, it is being remodeled into student study space.
Five offices have been built in the First Year Experience area. The area outside of the offices will have new furniture to create a welcoming atmosphere for our first year students.
Complete demolition of Facilities and Receiving department made way for a new Stacks management space, new Facilities offices, new mail and supply rooms, and a better layout for the consolidated Book Repair and Conservation lab.
Three Science offices and two single-user bathrooms were demolished. Six new Science offices were built along the south wall of our Science collection. New single-user bathrooms were built south of the new offices. A new opening was cut into the wall that separates the south building and the central building. The previous opening was filled in.
Projects By Objective
- Bring library departments together in one physical location when possible (2)
- Create new study space for students and patrons (5)
- Enhance the flexibility of space where possible through design and furnishings (5)
- Free up naturally lit spaces on perimeter for patron seating (2)
- Improve employee workspace (3)
- Improve line of sight (4)
- Improve student study space (1)
- Organize space in a logical and consistent fashion (2)
- Utilize level 3 as prime space for students (2)